Credit Union Awareness relaunched its consumer marketing program, Your Money Further, and expanded its objectives from awareness and consideration to awareness, consideration, engagement, and action. The new site launched in April with more content and education about credit unions, all optimized towards converting consumers to a credit unio’s website. Preliminary results show significant traction in just the first 60 days:
- Search impressions hit an average of 23,000 per day compared to 150 in the prior months;
- YourMoneyFurther.com already ranks in the top five Google search results for the search term “credit union finder” and the top 10 for “find a credit union;”
- Since launch, organic search traffic is up 18% over last year;
- Average time on page is 3:02 minutes, versus just 30 seconds last year; and
- The locator feature has seen 87,148 page views already, a 38% increase over last year.
Upcoming Webinar: Turning YourMoneyFurther.com Traffic into Credit Union Opportunities
The YourMoneyFurther.com website connects thousands of consumers a month with participating credit unions. Participants can track consumer traffic and product/service interest on their websites. During this webinar, scheduled for August 4th at 4 pm ET, The Sasha Group (our digital agency) will review tactics to help credit unions maximize consumer engagement opportunities from both YourMoneyFurther.com and the Credit Union Awareness program.
Webinar Registration: https://cuna.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMode6rpzsuGN1Kw0_samFt4cHtyi3Zq1Yy
Top Filters Used on YourMoneyFurther.com Credit Union Locator
Although the new site has only been live for about three months, we are already seeing some interesting insights emerge. For example, we have learned that the top 4 filters used on the Credit Union Locator include: 10 miles, Financial Counseling, Mobile Banking, Online Banking. This sheds some light into our target demographic’s mindset when it comes to banking. Consumers are saying:
- I want locations that are close to me (94% of searches aren’t beyond 10 miles).
- I’m interested in getting help with my finances.
- I want a credit union with digital access.
*IMPORTANT* Connecting with Consumers via YourMoneyFurther.com
As digital and organic-driven consumer traffic to YourMoneyFurther.com continues to increase rapidly, consumer searches for credit unions using the embedded locator are also on the rise. Program participating credit unions can now connect with consumers who visit their website from YourMoneyFurther.com. Credit unions can track not only consumer traffic but also product interest for more precise follow-up and engagement.
Participating credit unions need to connect their YourMoneyFurther.com locator listing with their own website. This 35–40-minute, one-time process is an essential part of completing the consumer journey towards membership. Today, only 45% of credit union participants have taken the steps necessary to engage with consumers interested in membership, products, and services. An easy-to-follow tutorial can be found here: Create & Customize Your CU’s Your Money Further Listing